- Brawn carried on dominating the season, but a 5 place grid penalty for Rubens and only qualifying 4th meant he started the race from 9th.
- Piquet was a non-entity, he really didn't do much during the whole race.
- The big story was Ferraris totally mess up of the weekend which saw Massa out Q1 after only doing 4 laps, and then the race stradgey not working out for them.
- Felipe was also a part of the funniest moment of the weekend. After freaking out over not being able to see anything when the rain came Rob Smedley radioed Felipe 'Felipe baby keep cool'... Lots of laughs xD.
- Felipes teammate also gave us a few laughs when the Finn after the race had been red flagged decided to give up for the day and go eat an ice cream.
- Good news for Piquet racing as Brazilian Nunes won the GP2:Asia Feature race aswell, so congrats to them.
Aston Martin won the race. But the Third place is a good result for the young Brazilian who still has his eyes on a 2010 F1 seat.
Pos Cl Drivers Car Laps
1. LMP1 Charouz/Enge/Mucke Lola Aston Martin 209
2. LMP1 Boullion/Tinseau Pescarolo Judd 209
3. LMP1 Ortelli/Senna Oreca AIM 206
4. LMP1 Ragues/Mailleux Oreca Judd 206
5. LMP1 Watts/Leventis/Hardman Ginetta Zytek 205
6. LMP1 Jouanny/Barbosa Pescarolo Judd 203
7. LMP2 Biagi/Bobbi/Piccini Lola Judd 201
8. LMP2 Amaral/Pla Ginetta Zytek 201
9. LMP2 Ceccato/Francioni/Piccini Lola Judd 195
10. LMP2 Bruneau/Moseley/Greensall Radical AER 193
11. LMP2 Lahaye/Ajlani Pescarolo Mazda 190
12. LMP2 Nicolet/Hein Pescarolo Mazda 190
13. GT1 Rusinov/Kox Lamborghini 189
14. GT2 Lieb/Lietz Porsche 997 GT3 RSR 187
15. GT1 Alphand/Goueslard/Clairay Corvette C6.R 187
16. GT2 Bell/Bruni Ferrari F430 GT 186
17. GT2 Simonsen/Montanari Ferrari F430 GT 185
18. GT2 Ehret/Beltoise Ferrari F430 GT 185
19. GT2 Garcia/Mansell Ferrari F430 GT 185
20. LMP2 Kane/Pompidou Lola Judd 184
21. GT2 Hartshorne/Scheier/Iannetta Ferrari F430 GT 184
22. GT1 Berville/Dumez/Zacchia Saleen S7R 184
23. GT2 Ried/Felbermayr/Martins Porsche 997 GT3 RSR 182
24. LMP1 Primat/Ramos/Turner Lola Aston Martin 181
25. GT2 Cocker/Drayson Aston Martin Vantage 181
26. GT2 McInerney/McInerney/Vergers Ferrari F430 GT 181
27. LMP1 Belicchi/Fassler/Prost Lola Aston Martin 180
28. LMP1 Krumm/Meyrick/Zwolsman Audi R10 TDI 179
29. LMP2 Ojjeh/Gosselin/Peter Ginetta Zytek 179
30. GT2 Tenchini/Basso/Plati Ferrari F430 GT 175
31. LMP2 Salini/Salini/Gommendy WR Zytek 163
32. LMP1 Albers/Bakkerud Audi R10 TDI 153
33. GT1 Konopka/Edwards/Daniels Saleen S7R 139
34. LMP2 Noda/Sini/Marsh Lola Mazda 133
35. LMP2 Schell/Thirion Courage AER 118
36. LMP2 Ibanez/Rocha/Cavailhes Courage AER 116
37. GT2 Pilet/Narac Porsche 997 GT3 RSR 115
38. LMP1 Panis/Lapierre Oreca AIM 108
39. GT2 Rosa/Montermini/Petrobelli Ferrari F430 GT 106
40. LMP2 Moncada/Cortes/Armetta Lucchini Judd 98
41. LMP2 Erdos/Newton Lola Mazda 82
42. LMP2 Randaccio/Giammaria Lucchini McLaren 17
43. GT2 Coronel/Leuenberger Spyker C8 Laviolette 6
A proper update on Malaysian F1 GP and pics of LMS and F1 to follow.
So here is a quick recap of what happened to our Brazilian boys this weekend. Rather mixed.
- Rubens started the season well qualifying 2nd and ending the race 2nd after having a very scrappy fight midfeild after a horrid start and a minor crash.
- Massa retired as per usual first race of the season. Well its no fun making the season easy for yourself is there? He HAD qualified 7th. Ferrari started on the softer tyres which left poor Massa and Kimi in trouble because they wore off and totally sucked, then when it looked like points and even a podium could be on the horizon... Well I'm not sure what happened to him.
- And Nelson Piquet? Well he spun after the first safety car period because of his brakes not working. He'd qualified 17th (yes 17th!)
I will have a Australian PicSpam up sometime later or tomorrow. I have soo much to do and no time to do it in before the Malaysian stuff starts coming through!
Bruno has been confirmed (or atleast at the moment we believe he's been confirmed) to be driving for ORECA in Le Mans this year.Bruno Senna will join the ORECA team for the Le Mans 24 Hours this year following his test with the French squad earlier this month.
The Brazilian, who was left without a Formula 1 seat after Brawn GP confirmed Rubens Barrichello as team-mate to Jenson Button, will be joining Stephane Ortelli in this year's edition of the 24-hour classic, driving the number 10 car.
Senna will drive for the team he tested for during the the Le Mans Series official test at Paul Ricard some two weeks ago.
Before he races at Le Mans, the 25-year-old will compete in the Catalonian and Spa-Francorchamps 1000kms events of the Le Mans Series.
The team said Olivier Panis and Nicolas Lapierre will share the No. 11 car.
Two more drivers will be announced in the near future to complete the line-up for the Le Mans 24 Hours.
Good news for us.
Motors TV covered the Le Mans 24 Hours in the entirety in 2006 and 2007. This included coverage of the scrutineering, qualifying, driver parade, warm up and the whole race. In the United States, Speed ChannelEurosport secured a multi-year deal to show the entire race including the qualifying and the motorcycle race. Every hour of the 2008 race was broadcasted in segments on the main channel and on Eurosport 2. In addition live streaming video was provided on Eurosport's web page, albeit not for free. airs partial live coverage through a combination of coverage from the French host broadcaster and their own pit reporting crew. In 2008 The race is also broadcast (in English) on radio by Radio Le Mans. Broadcast from the circuit for the full 24 hours as well as before and after, it offers fans at the race the ability to listen to commentary through radio. Radio Le Mans is also broadcast through internet radio on their website, or on the GlobeCast Radio channel on Sky Digital.We'll have a Le Mans discussion thread going on the forum for it during the race so see you then ^^.
Bruno Senna DID Test with Mercedes DTM this week, nothing offical has been released on times or anything but reports have said that he was very strong during the practise and its a good sign for him getting into one of last years Mercedes cars for this DTM season.
Bruno looks set to do both DTM and the Le Mans 24 hour this year in preperation for an opening in F1 with help from Mercedes. Mercedes now give engines to back markers Force India, so if an opening is available there, there is always a chance 2010 will see a Senna in there.
Remember none of this is 'offical' as Mercedes have a very strong, don't talk about anything offically until we say so policy and theres still 2 months till DTM starts. But the signs look promising at least.
( Two More Pics of Bruno at the DTM testCollapse )